ICARDA-iNASHR Egypt Call (English)
About the iNASHR project
The use of the smart projectors is a core element of the project Access Agriculture is implementing in Egypt: the Innovation for Small-Holder Resilience - iNashr project, in partnership with the International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) and the Agricultural Research Center (ARC) of the Ministry of Agriculture. The project will run in 6 governorates with the goal of promoting sustainable farming of wheat and fava beans, with a focus on improved irrigation management, with over 100 000 smallholder farmers.
As part of the i-Nashr project, Access Agriculture seeks to identify young people (ERAs) that are actively involved in their local communities to screen farmer-to-farmer training videos developed in partnership with ARC and ICARDA. These young people will be equipped with projectors and will play a key role in disseminating and collecting feedback on the technologies promoted in the videos.
If you are a young entrepreneur passionate about sustainable agriculture and wish to apply to this project, here are the benefits that will be provided:
Eligibility Criteria - read carefully
Applicants: One person or teams of up to 4 young people can submit an application
Application Guidelines- read carefully
- Applications need to be submitted before XXth XXXX 2021
- Each person or team can only be part of one application
- All team members and their respective projects need to be located and working in one of the 6 governorates mentioned above
- You must supply a referee (and their contact details). This person must not be a relative or friend of you or your team members.
- Applicants already working on building the capacities of farmers in sustainable agriculture will be given priority
- We highly encourage female applicants
- Go through the questions below and prepare your answers, then copy and paste the information into the appropriate section when you are ready to submit the application
- The form must be filled in on-line (it can NOT be saved before finalising and submitting)
- No email or other type of applications will be accepted
For any clarification please contact our ERA coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also read the FAQ here
Click here to see the story of one of our ERAs in India.
Questions on the application - read carefully
We suggest you consider each of the questions below and work on the answers to the questions.
We will review and assess the proposals based on:
Implementation requirements for winners
If you are a winner, you will be expected to: