Vacancy announcement extended
Position: Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer
About Access Agriculture
Access Agriculture is an international NGO with headquarters in Nairobi, Kenya and a regional office for West and Central Africa being established in Cotonou, Benin. Access Agriculture facilitates the production, translation, distribution and use of agricultural training videos in developing countries. To support its ‘Videos for farmers’ project, Access Agriculture is recruiting a Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer.
The candidate must have a MSc in agricultural or social sciences. She/he will be fluent in English and French, and have good writing and interpersonal communication skills. The candidate will have a solid experience in monitoring R&D projects and in using statistical software. She/he will assist Access Agriculture to enhance learning in agricultural innovation systems across Africa. The candidate will be required to travel in Africa.
The Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer is part of a passionate and dynamic team with a common goal of working to improve the performance of agricultural advisory service providers in order to enhance their impact on rural livelihoods, consistent with Access Agriculture’s mission and strategy. Specific responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Monitor the distribution and use of videos hosted by Access Agriculture; o Coordinate monitoring and evaluation activities implemented by national partners;
- Draft summaries and lessons learnt from studies on video-mediated learning to populate the User facts on the Access Agriculture website;
- Inform management of interesting topics for future discussion to be organised on the Access Agriculture Forum;
- Participate as appropriate in the design, the implementation and the assessment of Access Agriculture projects;
- Undertake any other duties as the West and Central Africa Regional Coordinator or Executive Secretary shall require.
The candidate will be positioned in the West and Central Africa Regional Office of Access Agriculture, Cotonou, Benin.
The Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation Officer reports to the West and Central Africa Regional Coordinator based in Cotonou.
Send applications, a detailed CV along with a letter of interest and the names and addresses of three professional referees (including telephone, fax and e-mail contacts), to the West and Central Africa Regional Coordinator, Dr. Florent Okry, at firstname.lastname@example.org before February 7, 2013.
Detailed CV must have the following details: Name, forenames, nationality, higher diploma obtained, and number of years of professional experience in the field.