Workshop to focus on Access Agriculture training videos and partnerships to scale natural farming across India
We are pleased to announce that a virtual workshop will be held on 6 April 2022, 09.00 a.m. - 11.00 a.m. GMT (14.30 – 16.30 IST) under the theme “Learn & Earn from Natural Farming Videos — Access Agriculture: Expanding Opportunities for Farmers, Women & Youth”.
More than 60 organisations, including governmental and non-governmental organisations, knowledge partners, donor agencies and media representatives, interested in natural and organic farming in India are expected to participate in the workshop.
The event will feature an impressive line-up of speakers that includes:
- Dr. Vijay Kumar Thallam, IAS (Retd.), Executive Vice-Chairman of Rythu Sadhikara Samstha (RySS)
- Dr. P. Chandra Shekara, Director General, MANAGE
- Dr. Nitya Ghotge, Director, Anthra
- Dr. Mahesh Chander, Head of Extension Education, ICAR-Indian Veterinary Research Institute and
- Dr. Paul Van Mele, Director International Development, Access Agriculture
Access Agriculture has built a knowledge base of quality farmer training videos on agroecology, climate change adaptation and rural entrepreneurship, centred around South-South learning. This includes over 465 videos in Indian languages and 225 videos in English that can be freely viewed and downloaded.
The main objectives of the workshop are to:
- Raise awareness about these resources, digital tools and youth-based entrepreneurship model in order to put them at the service of the natural and organic farming communities, women and youth in India,
- Hear from our partners about their experiences on the use of these videos, and
- Collect perspectives on the way forward from all organisations active in natural and organic farming
The event will be live streamed on YouTube and Facebook.
We look forward to your active participation!