Using either the English, French or local language versions, TV stations have broadcast videos hosted on Access Agriculture in Bangladesh (local cable TV stations and Channel-i), Benin (BB24, Tunde Agric TV), Burundi (Télévision Nationale du Burundi), Central African Republic (Télévision Centrafricaine), Democratic Republic of Congo (community television of Kinzau-Mvuete), Gambia (GRTV), Guinea (RTG), Malawi (Channel of All Nations and Times TV), Nepal (NTV), Niger (Canal3 in Malanville), and Nigeria (the federal Nigerian Television Authority as well as the state-owned Broadcasting Service of Ekiti State).
Information on the video files....
- The video files available for download are MP4 files, but they are not high quality files intended for use on TV stations
- If you would like to use any programmes on your TV station please contact our media desk at email@example.com – we will establish a contract with your TV station and then allow you access to high resolution files
- Please note that the videos must be shown in full and are not allowed to be edited.
Ideas for using the video files....
- Play the programmes at suitable times of the year to remind your audience of good agricultural practices
- Invite some farmers or a guest from the extension service, ministry or a local NGO and use a programme as a starting point for a discussion
- Why not have a phone in on a subject raised by one of the programmes...
- Use the videos as part of a magazine style programme on agriculture, food and rural developmen
Be seen to be part of your community...
- Why not offer extra services to your viewers by distributing DVD’s of the videos by agreement with Access Agriculture
- Remind viewers that other videos are available from the Access Agriculture website
- Organise a viewers’ event, for example at an agricultural show, so that you can get direct feedback from your viewers
- You can also upload your agricultural content to EcoAgtube – and if videos are already on Youtube or Vimeo then the URL’s can be copied across
- Let us know how innovative you have been and get your story onto the Access Agriculture website!
- Be seen! Be different!
- If you think there is demand for some of the existing video programmes to go into local languages in your area, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Do you have expertise for translating and recording programmes in different languages? If so please contact us and let us know your skills